Re: [lvs-users] different algorithms and persistence

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] different algorithms and persistence
From: Nikolaj <lorddoskias@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:12:19 +0300
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Nikolaj wrote:
>
>>> what's the difference between source hashing and what?
>>>
>> The difference between source hashing and round-robin. If someone makes
>> a connection and with round robin is redirected to realserve1 (for
>> example) won't the subsequent connections to the same service go to the
>> same realserver1?
>
> with round robin, the next connection from any client will
> go to realserver2

So with RR a connection will go to the same server until a packet with
TCP FIN is received from the client? Basically with round robin a client
is redirected to real server when it wants to establish a tcp connection
and all packets belonging to this connection goes to the same real
server. Whereas with source hashing even when the connection is finished
(packet with FIN flag) subsequent connections from the same ip will go
to the same real server.