[lvs-users] Connecting directly to realservers in a one-network LVS-NAT

Subject: [lvs-users] Connecting directly to realservers in a one-network LVS-NAT
From: "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:12:24 +0100
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question, but i'll ask it anyway because it doesn't make
sense to me. In the HOWTO (specifically the
5.12. One Network LVS-NAT section) there's a line:

"You can no longer connect directly to the realserver for services being
forwarded by the LVS."

But i am able to. I have modified the realservers so their default gateway
reflects the VIP on the director and have setup LVS so it services telnet
ports. The entire realservers/director subnet is 192.168.14.x (netmask
255.255.255.0) and my connecting client is 192.168.53.x (netmask
255.255.248.0).

So why am i able to connect via telnet to the realserver directly? Don't get
me wrong, this is the idea and i wouldn't want it any other way. It's just
that the HOWTO mentions that it's impossible and it's really not.

regards,

Sebastian