[lvs-users] Layer-7 udp routing or no schedular for udp traffic

Subject: [lvs-users] Layer-7 udp routing or no schedular for udp traffic
From: mog <mog@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:26:09 -0600
Hello all hope this doesn't come to everyone thrice, apparently lvs
mailing list doesn't like pgp signatures...

                I have only recently found out about all of your great
        work,
        thanks to
        any and all who have worked on the project thus far.  My
        questions
        revolve around an application I am building.  It is a chat
        server that
        talks over udp.  It is not a one packet per session protocol
        unfortunately.  So the current lvs way of routing for 300
        seconds or so
        doesn't really work for me I am hoping there is a solution i am
        missing.
        Here are the two solutions I see.
                So I am able to maintain state across my real servers so
        I could
        have
        the director send all packets to all real servers, and then the
        servers
        would decide how to properly respond.  Is there a method for
        this?
                My second solution would be require work for sure, have
        the
        director
        look at the first 4 bytes of the udp packet, as that contains
        all the
        session information i would need, and could route to the correct
        real
        server or another real server if the correct real server died.
        realize this would require work but would be beneficial to
        people
        needing to do things like sip or h.323 and other session based
        udp
        connections.

        Mog