Re: [lvs-users] Layer-7 udp routing or no schedular for udp traffic

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Layer-7 udp routing or no schedular for udp traffic
From: mog <mog@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:31:50 -0600
On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 11:05 +0000, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> Hi Mog
>
> On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 07:26 -0600, mog wrote:
> > Hello all hope this doesn't come to everyone thrice, apparently lvs
> > mailing list doesn't like pgp signatures...
>
> I'll look at that; I don't recall explicitly forbidding them but there
> may be an implicit deny for the attachment type. Anyway:
>
> LVS can't send packets to all servers.

really?  that sucks.  I already have something similar to spread
implemented, however there would be significant over head in building
the data structures needed on all machines for all calls, I would lose
all the benefits of clustering.  How much work would it be to make
ktcpvs to support udp, or to allow this behavior from lvs.  The current
solution im thinking of is packing the packets in multicast, and using
lvs for outbound responses, but i dont want to do lots of custom things.

mog