Re: [lvs-users] load balancing nfs realservers - Anyone done this?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] load balancing nfs realservers - Anyone done this?
From: "Jan-Frode Myklebust" <janfrode@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:27:20 +0100
On 12/18/07, Christopher Barry <christopher.barry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings everyone,
>
> I have googled around, and the closest thing I can find is described at the
> below link, although not completely answered. I'm hoping that someone can
> point me to a howto or other doc that will get me over this hump.
>
> http://lists.graemef.net/pipermail/lvs-users/2003-June/008879.html

That poster is using GPFS, which in it's latest release natively
support clustered NFS.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clresctr/vxrx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.cluster.gpfs32.advanceadm.doc/bl1adv_cnfs.html

I don't think there are other stable/non-beta ways of doing cnfs on
linux. I've tried failover-NFS with linux-ha.org, but even that was
troublesome..

  -jf