Re: [lvs-users] LVS to run as a fail over (2 servers, active-passive) ho

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS to run as a fail over (2 servers, active-passive) how?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:40:43 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Adam Niedzwiedzki wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> If only it was that simple :(

guess I shoulda known.

> I'm not sure if I can even fit Linux-HA into the mix as well?
> I'll go do some reading on heartbeat (I'm not familiar with it).

it will be a bit of a lash up (difficult to administer)
if you need to have it running on the same machines running
your LVS. My reply (incorrectly) assumed that they were
separate setups.

> P.S I wonder if I could convince the LVS dev's to put out a ds scheduler
> (Dead Server) :P Use all the framework for real servers etc, but just does
> the same as HA I guess, send all requests to one box, if it goes down send
> to the other, when it comes back move the traffic back. Would work in quite
> nice with keepalived *shrug*

it's already in LVS. You have one realserver with weight 0
and the other with weight 1. When you want to swap the
machines, you have a script detect failure and swap the
weights.