Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord parallelising checks ?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord parallelising checks ?
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:59:22 +0900
On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 01:50:08AM -0500, chris barry wrote:
> > Lastly, ldirectord does include some code such that if the same
> > real-server is present in multible virtual-services (that will
> > be checked by the same ldirectord process), then the check
> > is only preformed once per loop, rather than once for each
> > virtual-service that it appears in. If there are several
> > virtual-services mapping onto the same group of real-servers
> > this can be a big win.
> >

> To your last point, while this verifies the RS itself is responding to
> 'something', a ping perhaps, it does not verify the 'skipped' service on
> the RS is up and returning expected results. Or am I misunderstanding
> you?

It tries to work out if the same check would be run twice.
That includes the same send and receive (from memory).
If the same check would run twice, then its just run once
and the result propogated to the relevant virtual-services.

So if the send/recive would be different, then the check
should be run twice. Though I'm not entirely sure that there
aren't some holes in the logic.

--
Horms