Re: [lvs-users] ipvs and iptables :: how do they mesh together?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvs and iptables :: how do they mesh together?
From: Jason Ledford <jledford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:57:02 -0500
First off, I am no expert.  But iptables is part of network on linux.  Iptables
alone could route connections, it can act as a firewall and block connections,
it can masquerade connections and so on and so on, but it can not do load
balancing.  That's where ipvs steps in, ipvs will load balance the connection.

Hope that helps.