Re: [lvs-users] lvs-direct..stumped: arp or not to arp?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvs-direct..stumped: arp or not to arp?
From: "William Ottley" <williamottley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:23:12 -0500
Hey Joseph, thanks for responding. I have a strong suspicion, that it
has to do with VPN. See, if you notice the real servers are on a
different network, which is .3.10 and .4.10 These are reachable via a
site-to-site vpn connection. Now I use the howto at:

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/mini-HOWTO/LVS-mini-HOWTO.html
(5. Example: Setup LVS using LVS-DR forwarding)

and well it tells me to make sure the gw for the realservers are
pointing to the LVS VIP, which in my case is 192.168.2.100, but i
can't do that, since the real server's GW is pointing to another
firewall, which creates the VPN...

I'm sooo confused as to what process to use

See, we need to "hide" all of the webservers from the internet, and
have all traffic go through one location, which is where the Load
Balancer is. The Load Balancer is behind a firewall, so, I'm told its
an LVS-Direct setup, and not an LVS-NAT... or am I wrong?

Or am i doing this the wrong way?
Should I just have a secure LVS / Firewall, and do IP Tunneling? Does
this "hide" where the other web servers are?

Thanks!

William