[lvs-users] Weight being reset

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Weight being reset
From: Scott McClanahan <scott.mcclanahan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:19:31 -0500
We run ipvs with keepalived (CentOS 5.1) and often change the run-time
configuration of real servers by manipulating there weights.  Our
problem is if the backend real server reboots or the application
restarts, the weight gets reset to the value in the keepalived config
file which is often times not what we want.

The solution would be to alter the keepalive config and restart but that
isn't really an option.  Basically, we just want a way to keep the
weight assignments made during run-time to withstand backend service
restarts.  Would this be better suited for a keepalived mail-list?  Just
figured some of you had experience.  Thanks.