[lvs-users] Disable logs like "receive an invalid passwd" on Keepalived

To: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Disable logs like "receive an invalid passwd" on Keepalived
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: santi@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:24:43 +0100
Dear Srs,

Is there anyway to disable logging this type of messages in Keepalived?

Jan 18 06:25:52 hs-741 Keepalived_vrrp: receive an invalid passwd!
Jan 18 06:25:52 hs-741 Keepalived_vrrp: bogus VRRP packet received on eth0 !!!
Jan 18 06:25:52 hs-741 Keepalived_vrrp: VRRP_Instance(VI_1) Dropping
received VRRP packet...

I have several LVS clusters multicasting VRRP in the same network, can
I disable logging this messages? or any method to prevent this
multicasting..

As I have seen in "keepalived/vrrp/vrrp.c" there is no condition to
enable or disable.. so the solution will be to comment syslog() calls
in vrrp.c file..

         /* check the authentication if it is a passwd */
         if (hd->auth_type == VRRP_AUTH_PASS) {
                 char *pw = (char *) ip + ntohs(ip->tot_len)
                     - sizeof (vrrp->auth_data);
                 if (memcmp(pw, vrrp->auth_data,
sizeof(vrrp->auth_data)) != 0) {
                         syslog(LOG_INFO, "receive an invalid passwd!");
                         return VRRP_PACKET_KO;
                 }
         }

Any ideas to prevent patching Keepalived to solve this? thanks!!

Regards,

--
Santi Saez