Re: [lvs-users] Fallback directive in ldirectord - what does it actually

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Fallback directive in ldirectord - what does it actually do?
From: Simon Oxwell <s.oxwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:31:53 +0800
Simon Horman wrote:
>> So, what is it that I've got misconfigured? Or is it a case of not
>> understanding what it is that the fallback directive actually does in
>> this case?
>
> Can you try setting apache to listen on 134.115.4.218:80?
>
> The connections from end-users should have that as their source IP address
> and port at the time that they are received by apache.

Yep, I can do that, and that works, but I'm not understanding why it
works, particularly as it doesn't seem to matter what port I set in the
in fallback directive - 127.0.0.1:80 works just as well as 127.0.0.1:800.

Is it that ipvs passes the packet through the kernel 'normally' (not
quite sure of the correct terminology) when the server-address is
localhost, rather than rewriting/forwarding the packet when it gets
picked up on the INPUT chain?

Simon

--
o Simon Oxwell -- Database & Systems Administrator --- IT Services o
| s.oxwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                 Science & Computing 1.37 |