Re: [lvs-users] FQDN as Real Server reference

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] FQDN as Real Server reference
From: Siim Põder <windo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:56:49 +0200
Hi

Stjohnson wrote:
> So it's looking like I'm not going to be able to do this LVS. I'm
> investigating other solutions actually just to cover all my bases. There has
> to be a system that does this w/o special modifications.

Is there a particular reason why periodic updates would not work?

Pseudocode:

VIP=1.2.3.4
DOMAIN=realservers.domain.com
while true; do
        sleep 10
        clear_ipvsadm $VIP
        for ip in $(dig +short $DOMAIN); do
                add_realserver $ip
        done
done

Is it a special modification? It may be better to dynamically update the
 VIP instead of a flush though.

Siim