[lvs-users] Real and Fallback in Piranha

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Real and Fallback in Piranha
From: "Sean Drill" <sean.drill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:00:22 +0900
Hey there

I am attempting to upgrade our internal load balancing system from
ldirectord to lvs with the Piranha front end. As we currently run our
system, we have two servers each running ldirectord/heartbeat, we have
active/standby servers for load balancing, but we also run the virtual
servers as active/standby (or real/fallback in the ldirectord
terminology)

I have been able to replicate the active/standby for the servers, but
cannot see how I can do active/standby with the virtual servers. I
attempted to set one of the real servers to a priority of 0 and the
other priority 1 whilst using WRR as the load balancing method.
Strangely I still continued to see connections directed to the server
with the priority of 0, which runs in direct contradiction to how I
understanding the priority system works (I understood priority 0 means
accept no new connections)

Anyone who can offer some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sean