Re: [lvs-users] Real and Fallback in Piranha

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Real and Fallback in Piranha
From: "Sean Drill" <sean.drill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:07:03 +0900
I believe I may not have explained myself quite clearly, so I will
attempt to  explain this better.

Our current configuration is configured using ldirectord. The active
node hosts all the virtual servers. Each virtual server will have an
active real server, and a backup real server. All the traffic will be
directed to the active real server, unless that server becomes
unreachable, at which point all traffic will be directed to the backup
server.

I am however only able to get piranha/lvs to do load sharing. In this
case as long as both servers are set to UP, then traffic will be
balanced between all servers (determined by load balancing scheme and
weighting.) What I am attempting to do is create a virtual server in
LVS, which has two active REAL servers, however direct traffic only to
one of them, unless otherwise directed or if the active member fail,
then direct traffic to the backup.

I hope this is a little clearer

Regards

- Sean