Re: [lvs-users] Piranha LVS-NAT to LVS-DR migration

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Piranha LVS-NAT to LVS-DR migration
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:38:56 +0000
On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 17:00 +0400, George Machitidze wrote:
> I am running LVS-NAT with Piranha on Fedora 10, I am very satifsfied, but
> the only problem that I have is that realservers cannot access external VIP
> of LVS router.

This is covered in some depth in the LVS HOWTO.

The short explanation is that this isn't possible; the longer answer is
that it might be, but it depends very much on your requirement and local
circumstances as to whether you can make it work.

Most notably, using LVS-DR requires the VIP to be bound to a
loopback/dummy/other adapter on the realservers (httpd servers in your
case) which would result in all connections from those servers to the
VIP being handled locally.

Graeme