Re: [lvs-users] Bind not listening on new ip after failover

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Bind not listening on new ip after failover
From: Malte Geierhos <malte@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 15:35:07 +0200
Hi,

it should work with

net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1

in your sysctl.conf (please apply with sysctl -p afterwards)
then your bind9 can bind to any non local ip i.e.  the vip of your 2nd
server.
Complications do not occur. (In terms of the local server answering
instead of the remote) as long
as the corresponding interface isn't up & running.

regards,
Malte Geierhos