Re: [lvs-users] LVS 4 SIP setup help needed‏

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS 4 SIP setup help needed‏
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:37:49 +0100
Ashi,

Its IP only for source IP persistence.

Someone was asking about IP and Port stickyness a while back.....

UDP is connectionless, so WLC doesn't work very well.
One of my customers makes use of the OPS (one packet scheduling) patch
(by Julian Anastasov)
with a large SIP installation to ensure more even load balancing.

Not sure if this would help in your situation.

I have a copy updated for 2.6.25 here:
http://www.loadbalancer.org/download/patches/ops/

2009/8/18 Ashi Aber <ariaber@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,
>

> In fact I did read the SIP how-to before I send my email.
>
> My SIP source distributes the traffic evenly per IP and port
> pairs.
>
> The SIP source is also aware of the SIP call ID so I don’t
> need SIP call ID stickiness.
>
> My main issue is the failback that doesn’t restore after the SIP service is
> restored.
>
> The balancing didn't work evenly when I used the wrr so I setup sh or dh.
>
> Do the weight settings apply to sh and dh or only to wrr and
> wlc?
>
> Why is the default UDP timeout set to 300?
>
> # ipvsadm -L --timeout
>
>  Timeout (tcp tcpfin
> udp): 900 120 300
>
> Does the load balancing mechanism direct traffic by IP only or
> by IP & port paired?
>

> Thx for your help,
>

> Asher
>

> On Sun, 16 Aug 2009, Ashi Aber wrote:
>
> > Need to balance SIP from a
> single source to two clustered servers.
>
> have you read the LVS-HOWTO about
> SIP?
>
> Joe
>
> --
> Joseph Mack NA3T EME(B,D), FM05lw North
> Carolina
> jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
> generator
> at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
> Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's
> GNU/Linux!