[lvs-users] A student hopes to learn more about the LVS Community and Fr

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] A student hopes to learn more about the LVS Community and Free/Open Source Software
From: Tiebing Shi <TShi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 23:54:05 -0400
Dear friends,

I have been reading your postings to the mailing lists of LVS Community. I have
really enjoyed reading about your collaborative creative activities.

My name is Tiebing Shi and I am a Ph.D. student at Queen's University in
Canada. I am very interested in learning more about the Free/Open Source
Software Community. The study that I am doing for my Ph.D. thesis is called
"User Creativity: An Investigation of the Free/Open Source Software Community."

I sincerely invite you to participate in my study. I would like to interview
you in your role as a developer and/or user in the LVS Community. Your
experience of developing and/or using LVS software and other free/open source
software will greatly help me to understand the creative activities of the LVS
Community and the FOSS Community. If your time permits, I would like to
interview you via phone (if you like, we can conduct our interview via email).
The phone interview will last about 1 hour.

Please be kindly informed that there is no obligation to participate in this
study. But your participation will be highly appreciated. Your confidentiality
will be protected. For example, your real name will NOT be used in my thesis
and future publications. Further information about this study and our interview
will be sent to you upon request.

Please respond to this email to let me know your interest in participating in a
phone (or email) interview with me. By email, we can determine a time for an
interview that is most convenient for you. Please also let me know your phone
number and time zone (my time zone is Eastern Daylight Time) so that I can call
you at your local time you select.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will
respond to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support and I look forward to talking with you.

Sincerely,

Tiebing Shi
Ph.D. Candidate (Marketing)
Queen's School of Business