Re: [lvs-users] problems about TCP/UDP connection timer and perstient te

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] problems about TCP/UDP connection timer and perstient template timer
From: Jason Lu <j.lu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:17:35 +0800
Thank you for your reply. It is understandable the persistent template
may have connections associated with it. But it seems weird for FIN_WAIT
tcp connection to have the same observation. For example, the following
line:

TCP 00:46  FIN_WAIT    85.2.180.230:50224 192.168.0.245:https
192.168.0.241:https

The expiration time repeats with 60 seconds after counting down to zero!
(From my expectation, by default the timeout value should be 120
seconds, see the output of "ipvsadm -L --timeout") But not all such
FIN_WAIT connection have the same result. Only a fraction of them hangs
around in the connection table permanently.

Btw, it is possible to set the timeout for ESTABLISHED,FIN_WAIT timeout
in ldirectord? When I check with "ipvsadm -L --timeout", the result is:

Timeout (tcp tcpfin udp): 900 120 300
But I don't know how to set those values in ldirectord.

regards,
jason