Re: [lvs-users] LVS DR and SSL

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS DR and SSL
From: Philip Marcus <pmarcus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:04:30 -0700
Hi Anoop,

I think you are complicating things a bit.
Without having the full picture I will make some assumptions
Let's assume you are hosting 4 unique domains; domain1.com, domain2.com,
domain3.com, domain4.com. each has its own SSL Cert.
If you have copied the SSL certs for each domainX.com to the 4 apache
servers, then all you need to do is set up the VIP IP, which it seems like
you have, and have apache-ssl listen on that VIP
for example, if domain1.com resolves to 192.168.10.11  and domain2.com to
192.168.10.12, etc etc
As long as the real servers have those IP's locally (like you said using
arptables_jf) and apache is listening for each vhost entry to the specific
IP with the specified cert, you should be all done.

To answer your last question, the only way to do it using 1 IP, is to have
apache listen on different ports for each SSL cert. that gets more
complicated, so you're better off doing IP-based for SSL hosting.

Hope this helps,

Philip