[lvs-users] could sh scheduling include source port as part of hash?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] could sh scheduling include source port as part of hash?
From: Seth Call <sethcall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:29:05 -0500
Hi there,

Source hashing scheduling makes a lot of sense for a project we are
starting.

One use-case gives us concern though; it's possible a large number of
clients sending UDP streams from the same source IP could occur (say a big
site behind a NAT), causing an unbalanced load to occur on one real server.

The only thing that occurs to me is if source hashing also considered the
source port (and assuming the clients were good about picking from a decent
range of source ports), to help add granularity to the load-balancing
algorithm.

What do you all think?  Would adding source port to sh (or making a 9th
scheduling mechanism) be a good approach to the problem?

Regards,
Seth