Re: [lvs-users] Source Hashing (Again)

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Source Hashing (Again)
From: <Darren.Mansell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:31:27 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Malcolm
Turnbull
Sent: 29 September 2010 13:32
To: LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list.

On 29 September 2010 11:36,  <Darren.Mansell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>

> We have a 2 node load-balanced MySQL cluster running in active-active
> mode. Linux-HA is running on each with LVS balancing connections on
> the nodes themselves.
>

> So for this we use source hashing investigating after looking through
> the archives of this list to see that as long as you give the
> weighting a fairly high number it should be able to balance
> connections when one node is unavailable and the weighting is set to
> 0. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to happen. These are my current
rules:

Darren,

Why can't you just use Source IP persistence with WLC?

--
Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Hi Malcom.

Thanks for the reply (and sorry for the Outlook-quoting).

I'd discounted persistence as I understood it to be only for making each
connection persistent, but thinking about it again that doesn't make a
lot of sense!

Am I right in thinking that if a single client makes its first
connection to node1 then as long as there are connections made before
the persistence time-out they will be made to the same real server
again? But then if the weight changes to 0 on node1 new connections will
be made to node2 regardless of the persistence time-out? (as should
happen on SH but doesn't).

Regards
Darren