Re: [lvs-users] postfix problem - lost connection after CONNECT

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] postfix problem - lost connection after CONNECT
From: Michael Schwartzkopff <misch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:25:16 +0200
On Wednesday 29 September 2010 21:28:51 George Machitidze wrote:
> Thanks Michael
>
> Is this applicable for our LVS server if we are trying to connect *to the*
> *VIP of this LVS server* *from* the *LVS server* itself and there will be
> no need to change our rules, just an upgrade of kernel?
>
> Where can we find the patch for kernel? I don't see any changes in mainline
> *2.6.36-rc6 :(*
>
> Currently we use kernel-2.6.34.7-56.fc13.x86_64 (Fedora) with generic
> patches, we can ask Fedora to include them as fix before 3.6.36 will be
> included (probably FC14, ~1 month left)

Hi,

I don't know the exact behaviour of netfilter / ipvs on NAT for connections
from the LVS to the LVS. But why don't you just use the normal, not the
virtual IP address for such connections?

I also don't know exactly about fedora because I am more familiar with debian
and ubuntu. Perhaps you ask "horms" on the list for details of the patches in
Fedora.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff