Re: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module SRPM: 64-bit counters not showing up

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module SRPM: 64-bit counters not showing up in snmpwalk of 1.3.6.1.4.1.8225.4711.17.1
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:47:48 +0000
Léon,

I know we've (Loadbalancer.org) done a bit of patching to the LVS SNMP
stuff (I'm just chasing the guy who did it to write a blog about it,
as we will try and maintain the code)

One of the patches was:
net-snmp-lvs-module-0.0.4-compile.patch        Add -fPIC to Makefile CFLAGS.

Their are a couple of memory leaks we fixed as well but they only show
up under high load, just re-start your snmpd daemon every day to avoid
if your not using the patches.

By all means chase nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx directly because I know that
will annoy him enough to actually write the blog!

On 20 January 2011 09:11, L.S. Keijser <leon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 21:27 +0000, David Warden wrote:
>>  I recently built
>>  http://install.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/yum/CLS/CLSTools.EL4/srpms/net-snmp-lvs-module-0.0.4-2.EL4.src.rpm
>>  on a 32-bit, Oracle Linux 5 (rebranded RHEL5) machine. The build and
>
> On a related note, has anyone successfully compiled this on 64bit arch?
> When rebuilding the above mentioned SRPM i got these errors:
>
> DEBUG: ld -fPIC -shared  `net-snmp-config --netsnmp-libs` -o lvs.so
> lvs.o libipvs/libipvs.a
> DEBUG: ld: lvs.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can
> not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>
> The SPEC file mentions "x86_64 probably needs some -fPIC patching" but
> i've no idea how to do that since i'm not a programmer.
>
> regards,
>
> Léon

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.