[lvs-users] LVS-DR capacity planning

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS-DR capacity planning
From: lvs list <lvslist@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 15:41:51 -0700
Hey Guys -

I am working on some capacity planning for our organization and am having a
little trouble finding information on how well LVS scales.  We are currently
running multiple lvs lbs pairs all running keepalived .  On our bigger
clusters we are currently doing about 750m queries a day and we are trying
to get a handle on how much more growth we can expect them to handle. Does
anyone know where I can find some information on capacity planning with
regards to LVS?  How much traffic/connections can we expect to push through
a single load balancer?  We are running everything in DR mode.  I have read
the howto but the latest information is in the performance section seems a
bit dated.  Are any of you currently running lvs in this type of
environment?  If so how did you estimate the load balancers capacity?

Thanks

Micah