Re: [lvs-users] LVS-DR capacity planning

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-DR capacity planning
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:47:07 +0000
Simon,

We've just ordered 4 servers and a gigabit switch to try and do exctly
this kind of testing.
If anyone has sugestions about a good/simple way of generating the
load and graphing it that would be appreciated.

We did use Avalanche/reflector setup a while back on LVS with a 2.8GHz
Celeron and we got:
840MB throughput on large packets
50,000 TPS on small packets
It was using a small amount of keepalive (we were mimicking a
documented coyote point/F5 test).

--
Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.