Re: [lvs-users] [Keepalived] Real IP and virtual IP not in the same subn

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] [Keepalived] Real IP and virtual IP not in the same subnet
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 18:09:00 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Stephane RIOS wrote:

> So my question is : does keepalived need to have Virtual
> IP and real IP in the same subnet to work ?

No. an LVS is intended to run with the RIPs on any network
at all (but usually are private addresses, so you don't use
a public IP and so that people on the outside can't get to
the RIPs) and the VIP is on a public address. RIPs can be
anything, including the VIP's subnet (usually the VIP is
/32)

Otherwise I'm no help sorry