Re: [lvs-users] DR : real server unable to reach VIP

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] DR : real server unable to reach VIP
From: Michael Schwartzkopff <ms@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 12:21:38 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015, 12:00:01 schrieb Florent B:
> Some precisions :
>
> In fact packets are computed by LVS, the problem is that RS receives a
> packets with :
> - its proper eth0 IP in src, but with mac address of LVS server

"its": which IP in the source field? The source IP address should always be the
IP address of the client. The source address should never be the IP adress of
the real server.

MAC address of the director: That is corret.

> - VIP in dest with its eth0 mac address.

VIP in the destination field should be the VIP if you use direct routing.
Destination MAC address should ne of the real server, otherwise the packet
would not reach the real server.

> I think packet is filtered somewhere in kernel, but I can't find which
> setting to change.

If I understand correct, the source address in the packet that the real server
gets is the IP address of the real server. Of course this is an error. If the
kernel recieves a packet with a soure with its own IP address it discards it.

What does change the source IP address of the packet? Do you have additional
NAT configurured on the director?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--