LVS
lvs-devel

Re: A question regarding Load Balancer in LVS and the ARP problem

To: David Shwatrz <dshwatrz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A question regarding Load Balancer in LVS and the ARP problem
Cc: lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 06:19:51 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, David Shwatrz wrote:

Joseph,
Thanks for your answer !
but all you're looking for is an address that will
deliver packets locally.

I just want to verify that I understand correctly; suppose the real
server is a web server. Suppose we configure its lo:0 as the VIP
address.  Does it mean that it will get requests on the
VIP address and will send Responses from the real device (say eth0)
with the IP on eth0 as source IP ? (since the loopback lo:0 we
configured as the VIP is only in order to deliver packets locally, as
you said)?

the replies will be routed through the real device.

Joe

Regards,
DS

Regards,