LVS
lvs-devel

Re: [rfc 0/3] IPVS: checksum updates

To: Julius Volz <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [rfc 0/3] IPVS: checksum updates
Cc: lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vince Busam <vbusam@xxxxxxxxxx>, wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:29:06 +1000
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 07:30:52PM +0200, Julius Volz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 11:30:29AM +0200, Julius Volz wrote:
> >> Great, thanks! I have tested TCP+UDP, local+remote clients, v4+v6,
> >> NAT+DSR+TUN in all combinations that are expected to be working and
> >> found no problems.
> >
> > Thanks once again for your testing. I'll send a pull request to Dave in
> > the morning.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> (CC: Wensong)
> I guess it would make sense to start hosting the new ipvsadm version
> somewhere on http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ soon. It could still
> be marked as unstable and saying, "If you intend to use the
> experimental IPv6 support for IPVS introduced in kernel 2.6.XX, you
> will need this new version of ipvsadm: ...". Also, we can then point
> to it in the Kconfig help text in CONFIG_IP_VS_IPV6. What do you
> think?

Yes I agree. It would be good to start hosting tarballs of the
new/unstable/experimental version of ipvsadm on www.linuxvirtualserver.org.

Wensong, can we also host some sort of repository for ipvsadm on
linuxvirtualserver.org? If not, I guess the next most logical choice
would be to use kernel.org.