LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Fwd: LVS on local node

To: Changli Gao <xiaosuo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fwd: LVS on local node
Cc: Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx>, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>, Franchoze Eric <franchoze@xxxxxxxxx>, wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netfilter-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:59:52 +0200
Le jeudi 22 juillet 2010 à 17:52 +0800, Changli Gao a écrit :

> FYI: the random option is documented in the manual page of iptables.
>
>    REDIRECT
>        This  target is only valid in the nat table, in the PREROUTING and OUT-
>        PUT chains, and user-defined chains which are only  called  from  those
>        chains.   It redirects the packet to the machine itself by changing the
>        destination IP  to  the  primary  address  of  the  incoming  interface
>        (locally-generated packets are mapped to the 127.0.0.1 address).
>
>        --to-ports port[-port]
>               This  specifies  a  destination  port  or range of ports to use:
>               without this, the destination port is never  altered.   This  is
>               only valid if the rule also specifies -p tcp or -p udp.
>
>        --random
>               If  option --random is used then port mapping will be randomized
>               (kernel >= 2.6.22).

Note my patch has nothing to do with the man page, its already up2date.

I usually dont read the Fine manuals, do you ?

Try :

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 1234 -j REDIRECT --help

REDIRECT target options:
 --to-ports <port>[-<port>]
                                Port (range) to map to.

You see [--random] is missing.