RE: Newbie question

To: "Joseph Mack" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Matt Kenigson" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Newbie question
Cc: <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Chris Mauritz" <chrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:15:21 -0400
Unfortunately, while I like oracle from a performance perspective, they've
priced most small to medium sized companies out of their product.  I was
quoted $50k per cpu to use oracle on a Solaris system for a client's
e-commerce site.  When I stopped laughing, I called up Sybase and got a
substantially more reasonable quote and ended up purchasing licenses for
both Solaris and Linux.

You should start trading oracle license futures.  You're guaranteed at least
a 20%/year return...  8-(

Eventually, some clever firm is going to release a quality database system
for linux with enterprise-level scalability/quality at a reasonable price.
That will put the screws to folks like Oracle.

Christopher Mauritz
Chief Technology Officer
Graphic Systems Group / Syllogy Partners LLC
chrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx