Re: Linux Virtual Server and Microsoft SQL Server

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux Virtual Server and Microsoft SQL Server
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:01:22 +0200
On 1999-06-21T13:34:10,
   Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> easiest if the machine is only putting out one service (eg http)

Actually, thats quite irrelevant. The load of the machine is the same
regardless of how many services it is running. You can just use that for all
the services, since the load will just increase faster and that will in turn
lead to the scheduler reducing the new connections...

> :-)
> do they come from the same port?

No. SSL connections will not come from the same port, since the clients open
many of them at once, just like with normal http.

> > Now, SSL carries a "session id" which identifies all requests from a
> > browser.  This can be used to separate the multiple SSL sessions, even if
> > comeing in from one big proxy and load balance them.
> OK

But like I said: really hard to get working, and even harder to get right ;-)

(At least I think so)

Since this would require the connection to be established basically to the
load balancer, which would analyse the request and then pass it on
transparently.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée
Network Management

teuto.net Netzdienste GmbH - DPN Verbund-Partner