Re: Fault tolerant database servers?

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fault tolerant database servers?
Cc: Peter Koch <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:37:35 -0500 (EST)
It also depends on what kind of database you're running.  I know there's
issues with using GFS and Oracle on Linux.  I bought this conversation up
before on the gfs list.  Not being an Oracle administrator I didn't
understand the specifics of why it was bad, but I was told "don't do it
dude".  Oracle is a big bulky mess of crap that makes a lot of money.

Smaller RDBMS's probably don't have the hang ups Oracle has with it's data
files.  MySQL and Postgres probably work fine.  GFS definitely provides a
pretty simple infrastructure for fair over on shared information.

-jeremy