Re: [lvs-users] recreating inktomi's architecture

To: "Ron King" <rking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] recreating inktomi's architecture
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 11:30:59 -0800
Database cluster is different from the http protocol.
In most database servers, there is a transaction log
file which has all the transactions. Until the time the
transactions committed to the table, this one log will
handle all the transactions from clients to the database
server.  It is always good idea NOT put this log on a
NFS file server, since the speed is important.

How could clustering handle one log file on a server
when one wants to have more servers to handle
the transactions?  Any mis-management to this log
file will meant the whole database is screwed.