[lvs-users] cluster newbie...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] cluster newbie...
From: Jim Priest <priest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:48:06 -0500
I'm in the process of researching clustering/load balancing solutions for our Intranet.

We have 4 offices spread across the US, all currently being served by one NT/IIS box. Needless to say this is a huge point of failure. :)

I'd like to put a server in each office, probably running Linux/Apache (due to costs) and replicate our Intranet to all of them, as well as provide some redirection if one of the boxes fails.

Is this something LVS could help me with? If so how much of it will LVS cover?

And overall how difficult is this to setup? I'm just getting my feet wet with Linux, but have a good understanding of networking and computers in general and feel comfortable working with Linux.

Thanks
jim priest