Hopping to VIP on other real servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Hopping to VIP on other real servers
From: jake buchholz <jake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:58:49 -0600
I've got a setup where different services (i.e. web, mysql) for a
virtual IP get directed (via LVS-DR across a private net) to service-
specific real servers (i.e. a set of web servers and a set of mysql
servers).

The VIPs on the redirector are set up on eth0: aliases, the RIPs are
the real servers' eth1 addresses (private net), and the VIPs are on
lo: aliases on the real servers.

What I need to be able to do is 'hop' ports across the real servers,
i.e. forward the mysql connection port from the web servers over to the
mysql servers.

Has anyone tried such a feat?  Any success?

--
Jake Buchholz, Senior Systems Administrator     :           /~\
ExecPC (a Voyager.net company, NASDAQ: VOYN)    :    ASCII  \ /  Against