RE: lvs bottlekneck

To: "'Julian Anastasov '" <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dan <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: lvs bottlekneck
Cc: "''''Drew Streib ' ' ' '" <ds@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "''''Cono D'Elia ' ' ' '" <conod@xxxxxxxx>, "''''lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ' ' ' '" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Dan <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 08:59:48 -0700
 Hi Julian:

I 100%, completely, fully understand the difference between LVS masquerading
and Linux masquerading. My point is that LVS does not live in a vacuum.
Other system parameters affect it - if one is not aware of these side
effects than an LVS box (not just the few snippets of code that implement
LVS but the LVS system as a *whole*) can easily be a bottleneck. That is not
an opinion - that is a fact. I thought it would be helpful to share my
experience with others who may run into the same problem under heavy load
rather than letting them figure it out for themselves. I sort've thought
that was the point in having a mailing list. Perhaps it would be better in
the future if I just keep my experience to myself and let others blindly
rediscover what I spent so many hours working out.

-d