Can LVS box route all packets, both ways?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Can LVS box route all packets, both ways?
From: "Peter C. Nikolaidis" <pcnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:40:13 -0400
Hi,

    I am configuring an LVS cluster server to be the front-end for 3-16 NT
web servers.  The problem I have is that I want to be able to maintain the
NT boxes from a machine on the other site of the LVS box.  Can the LVS box
be configured to route all packets both ways, only redirecting http:80
requests directed to the virtual server's IP address?  I need this sort of
functionality because there will also be a SQL server on the "web farm"
side, and it needs to be able to communicate out to the other side (client
machines side).

    Here's a picture of what I'm trying to accomplish:

             Client Machines

               LVS Router

     NT Server  NT Server   SQL Server

    I set up piranha on RedHat 6.2, using the included RPMs, and have it
successfully load balancing between two servers.  However, I'm fairly new to
Linux as a router, so if you know the exact (ipchains?) commands I need to
use to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Peter