Re: Can LVS box route all packets, both ways?

To: "Peter C. Nikolaidis" <pcnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can LVS box route all packets, both ways?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:46:13 -0400
"Peter C. Nikolaidis" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am configuring an LVS cluster server to be the front-end for 3-16 NT
> web servers.  The problem I have is that I want to be able to maintain the
> NT boxes from a machine on the other site of the LVS box.

The LVS only redirects packets going to the VIP:port that you've entered
with ipvsadm. All other IPs and ports on the director behave as they would
without the LVS. So unless you actively turn off access through the director
it will behave as a router for the realservers and you;ll be able to
get to the realservers.