Re: Port 0 not support non-persistent

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Port 0 not support non-persistent
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:43:06 -0700
On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 09:00:14AM -0700, Wayne wrote:
> At 07:53 AM 6/13/00 +0300, Julian Anastasov wrote:
>
> >         Hello,
> >
> >On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Wayne wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone could help answering the reason why
> > > LVS  does not support non-persistent connection on
> > > port 0?
> >
> >         Do you need virtual service to port 0?
>
> That is for all the ports, right?  If I do not know how many
> ports I need to set to make a special service work, could
> I just use port 0?  I thought that could work.  However, it
> only works if the algorithm is persistent.

If you want to have a virtual service listening on all ports for a given IP
address or set of IP addresses then you would be best to look at using the
fwmark support. The will work for persistent and non-persistent services
and forward the connection to the same port on the selected real server
that the packet was recieved on.

You should get the latest IPVS (and ipvsadm) if you are going to use
fwmark and multiple ports with masquerading as there was a bugfix
in between 0.9.12 and 0.9.13.

--
Horms