Re: round robin and NOT!! persistent

To: "Thomas A. Morris" <morrist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: round robin and NOT!! persistent
Cc: linuxvirtualserver <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:22:19 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Thomas A. Morris wrote:

> Julian Anastasov wrote:
>
> >         We forgot to allow this feature when the fwmark service
> > was added. IMO, this can be included in the next LVS version after
> > a discussion. This is very good feature.
> >
> >         The proposed solution: don't use <iph->protocol> as hash
> > key when creating the templates and register them with a
> > constant protocol value (TCP?). Wensong?
> >
> > Regards
> >

> I'm investiagating a possible workaround. Would it be possible to use
> protocol 0
> as a "special" protocol, in much the same way port 0 is a special port,,
> meaning
> all protocols are persistent? ipvsadm would have to change to allow this to be
> specified with the -f option.  Comments?

        I wait for comments too :) No other workarounds to combine
UDP and TCP.

        There was a propsal to add some options to the
fwmark services, for example, the protocol wildards. Even the
solution looked well defined but a bit complex:

-f 1 -t tcp
-f 2 -t udp
-f 3            wildcard protocol

        We decided not to change the current fwmark semantic. But I think,
we can easily break the template definitions by using a const protocol
value. This will be the easiest change without touching the user space.

> Tom Morris

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>