Persistent Services

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Persistent Services
From: jbearce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:57:21 -0400

Ok quick question....  I've noticed that when running LVS with persistent
services, if one of the real servers goes down, anyone connected to that real
server will not get routed to another real server until the timer for that
persistent service runs out.  What I need to do is have the user immediately
forwarded to another real server if the server they're connected to takes a dump
(but still maintain the persistent feature).  The biggest problem is that due to
the application running behind the LVS box, the persistent timeout needs to be
set at just over 10 minutes (which is a long time to have a user not able to
access a box).  I've started looking at the LVS source, but I figured I'd check
and see if I was just missing something before I started trying to come up with
my own solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim