Re: no VIP farm and ....

To: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: no VIP farm and ....
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:40:36 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Wayne wrote:

> In DR mode, can I setup a no VIP farm

You can run an LVS without VIP's on the director and/or
the realservers using transparent proxy. The configure
script on the website

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Documents.html

will do this for you. I've sent Wensong the results
of some performance tests including LVS with transparent
proxy. Some of the files are there already, presumably
the rest will appear soon (also in same place on website).

> so that LVS
> route the traffic round-robin based on MAC address?

this is how VS-DR works.

> In another words, could we make DR mode work
> really like a switch?

LVS is a layer 4 switch.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx