Piranha-questions

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Piranha-questions
From: "Stéphane Anet" <stanet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:25:57 -0700
Hello,

For few days I try to configure a cluster with piranha.

I have some problems.

Here is few information about my software configuration :
I use RedHat 6.2
I use Piranha-0.4.14-1

About Kernel I use the original kernel that was in the RedHat 6.2 CD.

question 1 :
I read in some documentation that to install and configure Piranha, we have to
have Redhat 6.1 or Redhat 6.2.
About that in the documentation they speak about lvs patch.

Do I need to apply this patch to my original kernel (redhat 6.2) ?
And if yes how I do that ?

How can I see if a patch had been applyed to a file ?

At the level of my network configuration :

I use one router, one real server and one computer to simulate a client
(someone who wants to see a site html install on the real server )

--------------------------------
My configuration installation :
--------------------------------

|----------HUB-------------
|                          |
|eth0=192.168.40.21        |eth0=192.168.40.20
|eth0:1=192.168.40.1 (vs1) | ---------|
|----------                |          |
| active   |               | computer |
| router   |               | Internet |
|----------
|eth1=192.168.149.141
|eth1:1=192.168.149.143 (NAT router)

HUB

|eth0=192.168.149.142
|---------|
|    rs1  |
|_________|

At the level of my configuration (files) :
In /etc/sysctl.conf I activate Defrag and Ip_forward.
#Disables packet forwarding>
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
# Enables source route verification>
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 0
# Disables automatic defragmentation (needed for masquerading, LVS)
net.ipv4.ip_always_defrag = 1
# Disables the magic-sysrq key
kernel.sysrq = 0

I have verify that these options are activated when the computer start .

cat ip_forward (the result is : 1)
cat ip_always_defrag (the result is : 2)

--
In /etc/rc.d/rc.local I add this line :

ipchains -A forward -J MASQ 192.168.149.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0
I have veify that option is activated when the computer start.

ipchains -L

At the level of my real server I add the default gateway :
the real server is a window OS.
the gateway i configure is 192.168.149.143

I do a test to see if it works.
-> ping 192.168.40.21
-> ping 192.168.40.20

It's ok

The passwd section for piranha is correct :> http://xxxxx/piranha
- it ask me for a password , I type it, it is ok ( i type it before with the
command piranha-passwd *****)

- after i put the information concerning my cluster with the web interface,
- all is ok . I can verify by editing the file /etc/lvs.cf

- after I start the cluster, I type pulse
the daemon pulse run after few second, 1 daemon nanny run and lvs daemon run as
well.

- When I look at the web interface on the control monitoring
I can read at the level of current LVS routing table :
- My Primary server IP : 192.168.40.21 with the correct port 80

- The adress IP of my real server 192.168.149.142

When I try to connect to my cluster puting http://192.168.40.21
on the computer internet (IP : 192.168.40.20)
- It doesn't work (after 5 or 6 minutes there is an indication :
- "there is no response the server may be out of order"

- I did several test to understand the problem, my observation are :
- at the level of the web interface i can see that there is a
connexion when i try to reach one of the two real servers with the computer
internet

- at the level of real servers (windows) I can see that there
is a connexion with the active router (with the log files).

Is there someone who can help me ?

Thanks in advance,

Stephane (excuse me for my bad english i'm french)

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct