Re: Real server not able to talk to the active router

To: Hitesh Parashar <hiteshp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Real server not able to talk to the active router
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:20:00 -0400
Hitesh Parashar wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I am trying to setup a cluster of 5 Redhat 6.1 boxes. I am in the initial
> stages of the setup. I have setup one active router and a real server
> talking to it. The real server is in the local subnet (IP
> address is 192.168.1.6). I am able to ping the active router from the real
> server and vice versa. I have enabled packet forwarding and packet
> defragmenting on the active router. I've issued the following command to
> masquerade the private network.
>
> ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0

You are missing the "/0" at the end of the "0.0.0.0"

I get caught by this myself.

I would also recommend trying to upgrade the boxes to 6.2.16-2 and the
latest piranha RPMs. In the version you are using, there is no option
for persistence, nor is direct routing or tunneling reliable. If these
are not of concern, then 6.1 should be ok.

--

Keith Barrett
Red Hat Inc. HA Team