Re: Initial load slow, after that snappy

To: "Peter C. Nikolaidis" <pcnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Initial load slow, after that snappy
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:10:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Peter C. Nikolaidis wrote:

> Hi,

>     I have a 0.4.12 (soon to be upgraded to 0.4.16, but the last time I
> upgraded my kernel I hosed the whole system so I've been putting that off
> until probably tomorrow) on Redhat 6.2, with three Win2k IIS machines being
> distributed.

.
.
>     The odd part is that now, if you hit the first page, whether you get
> broken links on images, or whatever, if you hit refresh a few times,
> eventually you get a login prompt (which is supposed to happen) and can
> login to the server.  After that, everything works like a charm, so it
> appears to be some kind of initial connection issue that eventually gets
> resolved, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this or find out why it's
> happening.

unix has similar problems with services like telnetd, ftpd which are run
under tcpwrappers, or sendmail run under identd. The authorisation demon
on the realserver is asking the client for the owner of the process
contacting him. Under LVS the replies don't get back to the realserver.

This doesn't sound exactly the same. Does Win2k have anything like this?

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx