Issue with sendmail and LVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Issue with sendmail and LVS
From: "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:28:35 -0400
I think I had a problem similar to this ages ago and it had to do with DNS,
but I forget specifics about the problem.

>From any machine I can telnet directly to my real server's SMTP port and the
sendmail server immediately pops up the 220 information string and allows me
to enter commands.

When I try to telnet to port 25 on a virtual server, I connect, sendmail
sits and waits and waits and waits and waits and after a LONG while it
displays the 220 string and allows me to enter commands. It's as if it waits
to timeout on some DNS query on connection, but it doesn't make sense to me
why it would only have a problem when things were going through the LVS.

My LVS uses direct-routing. All other services (POP3, HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP2,
etc.) seem to work fine.

Any ideas?

All the best --
Ted