Re: rcp error while applying config changes from Piranha

To: hiteshp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rcp error while applying config changes from Piranha
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:21:21 -0400
Hitesh Parashar wrote:
> I am using Redhat 6.1 for clustering 5 machines. I am getting the following
> error
> while the active server tries to copy the lvs.cf configuration file to the
> backup
> server (When I try to Apply the changes made for redundancy in piranha).

> Failure running '/usr/bin/rcp /etc/lvs.cf root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/etc/lvs.cf':
> Permission denied.
>
> The file lvs.cf on the active server is having the requisite permissions. What
> might be going wrong here.

Whew! You are using the first release of the product, and a GUI that is
no longer supported (and one that I, myself, have never used -- I came
on board forthe 6.2 release). At least I know what service you are using: LVS,
because FOS did not exist in that product since I wrote it :-)

A bunch of questions come to mind.

I noticed that you are trying to copy the file to a 192 address. Normally,
the 192 addresses are your Real Servers (as opposed to the active and
backup routers). The Real servers are just normal Linux systems and
do not need or use piranha, lvs, lvs.cf, etc. I suspect that you have not
configured your physical setup correctly. Could you post a diagram
of your nodes, connections, and ip addresses? Also a copy of your
lvs.cf file?

If you want to see examples of LVS setups, visit the documentation at
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ and
http://people.redhat.com/kbarrett/HA/

Assuming that it is all OK, can you copy other /etc files from one
system to the other? If not, then you may be having a general scp
problem and nothing to do with piranha. This could be improper
ssh setup, or .rhosts files. Did you look at your log files?

Let's start with more information on your setup.

--

Keith Barrett
Red Hat Inc. HA Team